Mankind strives to make optimal decisions given the available information. The mathematics behind this basic decision problem is mathematical optimization (aka mathematical programming). My research is devoted to foundational topics in mathematical optimization, covering both theoretical analysis and numerical implementations. In particular, me and my group, develop methods for large-scale optimization problems in deterministic and random environments.
Besides fundamental research, my research is heavily motivated by solving concrete societal questions. The chair is actively involved in research projects on the optimization of energy systems, and the computational challenges in medical imaging.
· Mathematical Optimization
· Numerical Optimization
· Mathematical game theory
· Interconnections between dynamical systems and continuous optimization
· Optimization in Energy Systems
· Inverse Problems in Medical Imaging
· Linear Programming
· Convex Optimization – Theory and Algorithms
· Non-linear Programming