Welcome at the School of Business Informatics and Mathematics
Study with us:
The School of Business Informatics and Mathematics, founded in 2011, is our youngest and smallest school. The school offers degree programs in the following three areas:
- Mathematics in Business and Economics (undergraduate and graduate level)
- Business Informatics (undergraduate and graduate level)
- Data Science (graduate level)
We offer many courses in English which means that even without speaking German you will get along easily. Our international network of partner universities worldwide gives you the option to study in one of over 20 countries. You will also meet people from all over the world in Mannheim itself.
The School of Business Informatics and Mathematics is a research institution tackling society’s and economy’s complex issues with a hands-on approach. It cultivates the basics of mathematics and information sciences and continues to advance them. The research focus of the school is on
- Handling Large and Complex Data in Business and Society
- Mathematical Modelling and Analysis of Complex Dynamics in Economics and Finance
We work together with the following institutions:
- Collaborative Research Center SFB 884: Political Economy of Reforms
- Institute for Enterprise Systems (InES)
- Research Training Group Statistical Modeling of Complex Systems and Processes
- Research Collaboration Mannheim Interdisciplinary Trust Research Alliance (MITRA)
In cooperation with the School of Social Sciences, the School of Business Informatics and Mathematics is offering the new master’s program Mannheim Master in Data Science starting in Spring 2017.